professional-business-accountants-srtk-3

Supporting your growth.
Every step of the way.

Five Facts About SRTK

  1. SRTK offers professional accounting, business, and tax advice you can always count on.
  2. We take the time to understand your vision and needs and grow with you.
  3. Our services are available in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Japanese.
  4. We value long-term relationships with our clients.
  5. We offer comprehensive tax advice to efficiently plan your taxes for the future from an integrated personal and corporate perspective.

SUPPORTING YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY

The SRTK team of professional accountants has the expertise and experience to handle accounting, tax, and consulting activities for a variety of individuals and organizations. No matter what your specific needs are, SRTK is ready to step in and provide you with the help you need.

Services

Accounting News

Deciding when to start receiving Old Age Security benefits (March 2019)

/

The Old Age Security program is the only aspect of Canada’s retirement income system which does not require a direct contribution from recipients of program benefits. Rather, the OAS program is funded through general tax revenues, and eligibility to receive OAS is based solely on Canadian residency. Anyone who is 65 years of age or older and has lived in Canada for at least 40 years after the age of 18 is eligible to receive the maximum benefit. For the first quarter of 2019 (January to March 2019), that maximum monthly benefit is $601.45. 

When and how to file this year’s tax return (March 2019)

/

Each year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) publishes a statistical summary of the tax filing patterns of Canadians during the previous filing season. Those statistics for the 2018 show that the vast majority of Canadian individual income tax returns — nearly 87%, or almost 26 million returns — were filed online, using one or the other of the CRA’s web-based filing methods. The remaining 13% of returns were, for the most part, paper-filed, and a very small percentage (0.1%) were filed using the File My Return service, in which returns are filed by telephone.

It’s tax filing – and tax scam – season (March 2019)

/

For many years now, there has been a persistent tax scam operating in Canada in which Canadians are contacted, usually by phone, by someone who falsely identifies himself or herself as being a representative of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The taxpayer is told that money — sometimes a substantial amount of money — is owed to the government. The identifier for this particular scam is that the caller insists that the money owed must be paid immediately (usually by wire transfer or pre-paid credit card) and, if payment is not made right away, significant negative consequences will follow, including immediate arrest or seizure of assets, confiscation of the taxpayer’s Canadian passport, or deportation.

Contact us today to find out how we can help you